Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Shadow Walker




Oh slippery shadow where are you now?
Where do you go when the clouds part?
Where do you go when the lights turn off?
Where do you go when my eyes are shut?
Where do you go when the sun comes up?
Yes you, oh Shadow Walker, yes you?

You couldn’t have left, disappeared in a flash?
You couldn’t have left, disappeared in a dash?
You couldn’t have gone, run away so fast?
You couldn’t have gone, run away my friend?
You couldn’t have risen, blown away with the wind?
Not you, oh Shadow Walker, not you?

So how did you leave your dance on the road?
How did you leave your essence in the snow?
How did you leave your body on the plateau?
How did you leave your self in my way?
How did you leave your brethren 'neath a moon ray?
How did you leave your smile on the wall?
How did you leave these places at all?
Yes you, oh Shadow Walker, yes you?

Maybe you’re more than I see?
Maybe you’re more like the dreams I'm dreamin'?
Maybe you’re more like the devil I’m afraid I'll see?
Maybe you’re more like the person I’ll never set free?
Maybe you’re more like me, than I'm like you?
Maybe I'm not so different, not so different from you?
Yes you, oh Shadow Walker, yes you?

And wherever you travel, tell me of your journey.
Wherever you go from the stars to moon.
Wherever you go from the streets to saloon.
Wherever you go from the deserts to oceans.
Wherever you go you’re always in motion.
Yes you, oh Shadow Walker, yes you?

0 comments: