Sunday, March 23, 2008

Natures Wake

I watched INTO THE WILD and it made me think that even though Chris (main character) was a bit off there, too, is something oddly fascinating about throwing your lot into the wild, using your own two hands and mind and seeing what you could do without the crutches we all walk around with whenever we leave the comfort of home. In some small way, I've escaped into nature many times, but never to this man's extent!



Cast me simple
Into a life without

No cars
No roads to wonder
No cities
No industry to thunder

And take me into the quiet
Give me ears to listen

To the birds
To the crickets of the night
To the wind
To the dry leaves in flight

Grab me up, heart and soul
Show me the way to always roam

Through deserts
Through fields of blowing wheat
Through forests
Through rivers of flowing streets

Swear that I will live
as any of a million creatures

Like the mosquito
Like the hawk that dives and swoops
Like the lake trout
Like the chicken that jumps the coop

Freed souls we will always relate
Of times caught in Nature's wake

In the forests
In the alpine lakes so calm
In the moonlight
In the high peaks at dawn

So cast me simple
Into a life without

No cars
No roads to wonder
No cities
No industry to thunder

And lay me softly on meadowed shores
remind me of these places I so adore

0 comments: