Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Judgement

With climbing you always have to DECIDE. Decision is a fickle creature that is often difficult for anyone, very much so for the climber, who has to manage risk, not just avoid it. When you can, of course you do, but that isn't always a choice, you take on a certain amount of risk. When you do, is it feet-first or head-first.

Jump! But I don’t
I’m afraid of landing
in a swamp
Diving! Now that has more style
a commitment to your convictions
and a determination to dance
with the consequence of your intentions
but why not just
sit and think
whittle away the hours
and do nothing
go the safe route
I guess I just like to test
the foundation to see if it is as
solid and I think
It creates confidence
that leads to success
This, of course, is a fruitation of risk
and any risk means that I need to jump
Either feet first or headfirst
The only difference is
with one you are smiling
while in the other
a grimace
is your sole companion...

0 comments: